You are only seeing posts authors requested be public.

Register and Login to participate in discussions with colleagues.

DocTalk

Delegation to Campbell River City Council on concerns arising from HPOA
Public

Screen capture youtube video Cambell River delegation on HPOA, Feb 29.At the Campbell River City Council meeting on February 29, a delegation of physician Dr Anna Kindy and retired naturopath Dr Ingrid Pincott discussed the Health Professions and Occupation Act, HPOA, and the serious concerns it raises for health professionals, patients, and people living in and around Campbell River. Like most City Council meetings in BC it was streamed live and recorded and can be watched on YouTube. City councillors asked questions and expressed the view that these concerns are important and that they would like to ensure it is discussed when the UBCM meets this year, on September 16-20, 2024.

Public

Dr. Z. Essak, MD - Vancouver, BC – February 11, 2024.

Dr Charles Hoffe imageIf you are a doctor or a patient who is concerned about health care in BC, there are only a few days left to sign up to see the BC College of Physicians hearing on Dr. Charles Hoffe. This will be an opportunity to see how the College of Physicians disciplinary hearing works. Is the College sincere about seeking the truth and ensuring doctors provide proper medical care for the benefit of patients? Or is the College focused on control of doctors and to endorse government policies?

If you are interested in the online Zoom meeting, you may have to register by the end of this week, February 16, to ensure your opportunity to view the hearing from March 4 to 15, 2024. Instructions on how to register are provided below.

Judicial Review of Dr. Bonnie Henry’s Orders begins in BC Supreme Court on Monday, November 20, 2023.
Public

Dr. Z. Essak, MD - Vancouver, BC - November 19, 2023.

Vancouver Law CourtsFinally, an opportunity for everyone to hear a BC Judicial Review of the ongoing orders of Dr. Bonnie Henry, Public Health Officer, and the BC Government that, since November 2021, have impacted the livelihood of thousands of health care workers in BC who are unvaccinated, prohibiting them from working in health care. BC and Nova Scotia are the only jurisdictions in the world that have not allowed unvaccinated health care workers to return to work. Orders and actions that have caused severe division even among health professionals and workers; where nurses, doctors, paramedics, porters and others are not sure who is safe to talk to if they disagree or think consent for vaccination is paramount.

Starting Monday, November 20, 2023, the BC Supreme Court will begin the Judicial Review of Dr Henry’s orders and the October 2023 amendment perpetuating them.

What loud bells will wake BC doctors and the public to the dangers of Bill 36, the HPOA?
Public

Dr. Zafar Essak, MD - Vancouver, BC - November 6, 2023.

Image of the great bell ben.There is a sleeping sickness throughout our land. It has found its way into health care and affected all the doctors. It is not some esoteric thing happening in some small political arena or lawyers club. This impacts all of BC and all of us: the ability of doctors to practice medicine the way they were taught and trained, according to their conscience and oath for the benefit of patients.

The significance of Bill 36, the Health Professions and Occupations Act, is profound and the association, Doctors of BC, should be ringing alarm bells. Instead, they are subduing the importance of it, convincing all doctors to move on to the regulations, like lemmings over the cliff. Not only is this unhelpful to doctors, it is actually dangerous for doctors with their purpose and professional obligations to deliver health care to patients. Bells need to ring everywhere, and the association should be dissolved.

Cease Fire Now
Public

Cease Fire, you don't speak for the people.The horrors of doctors and others trying to care for the injured in Gaza under these conditions must stop. We decided to post a news collage cease fire now banner and block on our website and released them on X.com (aka Twitter.com) so others may copy and use on their website or social media. They are also available for download here. There must be a Cease Fire Now.

Psychological inoculation against misinformation and polarization of discussions
Public

Bad News Online Game screen captureAn intriguing bit of research and an online game. Developing an approach to expose people in advance to methods of misinformation before they encounter it. How might this apply generally, not just to "fringe" elements that may be labelled as "fake news", but also to mainstream news or even published articles that may use the same techniques? For example, in the documentary "Waiting To Die - Canada's Health Care Crisis" mention is made of the polarization of public discussions on the introduction of hybrid public and private health care in Canada? This is an example of the "false dichotomy argument" where it is framed as either Canada's universal health care or the US style private care, while totally ignoring that 28 other developed nations have hybrid systems. What can we learn from the research?

Documentary: Waiting To Die - Canada's Health Care Crisis
Public

Waiting to Die - Canada's Health Care CrisisA new one hour documentary by Aaron Gunn, "Waiting To Die - Canada's Health Care Crisis" was released yesterday (August 14, 2023) and in less than one day had more than 23,000 views and more than 700 comments from people sharing their own experiences and thoughts.

How I recovered a deleted file
Public

It's never a good moment when you realize you deleted a file you need and it's not in the trash. It's been totally deleted. This happened to me this morning after I had just finished writing a creative document. I saved the file and just left it in a working folder while I did some email and electronic housekeeping. A while later it was still there with some junk files which I deleted and then looked and saw I had also accidentally deleted the document file. I had not even sent it to the trash from where it would have been simple to restore. The stress and grief I went through on loosing a file was not pleasant but I can share with you how I was able to recover the deleted file.

Times-Colonist OpEd: Dix needs to listen to healthcare providers
Public

Dix needs to listen to healthcare providers, The Times Colonist.Please read the OpEd by a BC family doctor that while Health Minister Adrian Dix uses findings of the Cayton report to defend the rapid introduction of Bill 36, the HPOA, he refuses to comment on the contradictory content in the report and snubs the issues raised by the Doctors of BC.

Music, food, dancing and a live auction fundraiser Friday June 23 in Vancouver
Public

Hello everybody - it's time to have some fun while supporting a great cause! The Canadian Society for Science and Ethics in Medicine (CSSEM) is holding its fundraiser this Friday night, June 23, at 6pm at the Cold Tea Restaurant, Vancouver. There will be music, food, dancing and a live auction. Tickets ($60 each which includes food) are available through CSSEM.org Hope to see you there! Deadline to purchase tickets is Thursday at 2pm, see https://www.cssem.org/event

York Hsiang

Syndicate content

Cease fire banner, you don't speak for the people.